Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Should I install newer firmware before hack?
  • I bought my camera in December of 2010 and have the original firmware on it still, body firmware v 1.0, and lens firmware 1.1. Do i need to install the newer firmware first, and then the hack? Or can I just do it from where I am with the original firmware?

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • @zm15 you should upgrade the camera firmware, from my understanding the hacks are based off of a newer release of firmware (correct me if I'm wrong here, anyone).

• http://www.personal-view.com/faqs

You'll find the answer :-) Or use search function.

• I have indeed searched the forum and the FAQ. I do understand that the hack is indeed replacing the firmware on the camera, it's a custom firmware, I understand. But I'm not sure if I should be starting from the newer panasonic firmware.

• OK, PTool just patch existing firmware. So all you need is download latest camera firmware and use it. No need to upgrade it ahead of the patching.

• Fantastic! Thanks much for the confirmation @Vitaliy_Kiselev :) Appreciate the help, and all you've done.

• And I learned something new too (that I need to read the FAQs more carefully)!