Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Leica D-Lux and LX7
  • Hi

I am new here and to photography too but i am rdy go deeper ;) a nicely hi too all.

maybe someone has some experiences with this sort of stuff and is able to do a hack or something about it. ;) would be very nice.

first intension to make this topic is that i do much HDRs last time and there is one really bad thing with original firmware on the Lx7: the lack of self timer bracketing and also the lack of a new firmware from panasonic that could maybe fix this.

second one results in some google sessions who tells me the following:

• that the LX7 and D-Lux 6 are equivalent!
    • leica delivers new firmware updates
    • some old lx and d-lux are equivalent too and there are people using leica firmware on lx (lx3 or 5 got the ability i think) (?)
    • a search for the "leica style" and why the d-lux got it and panasonic (so-called !?) doesn't is only because the differences between the processing of the leica firmware and panasonics.

so why some others managed to do some nice hacking with the old ones why nobody does it on the lx7 ? (its a masterpiece of camera and i find nothing in this area only this forum because "the hacks" who impresses panasonic), its a nice thing to do, first because panasonic don't release a new firmware, second because the self timed bracketing and maybe the "leica style processing" for my beloved lx7. xD

please let me know what you think about my thoughts. i think they are not bad unfortunately i am not able to do hacking (it's a lie, i got some skills in consoles but nothing big) and i bought my lx7 on rates, i got my cam just before 2 weeks and would cry like a little baby if i "brick" (on psportable a failed flash was called so here too ?^^) it while flashing and then i must pay the next months for a broken camera :/ xD

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Why not use LX7 topic?

And what is your point?

First, no D-Lux 6 firmware is available anyway.

Second, I have LX7 and some preliminary work is done, but we need firmware.