Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Power on issue GF2: "switch camera off and on again" / "Schalten Sie die Kamera aus und wieder ein"
  • I am using my GF2 since about 2 years, thereof since 1 year with the wonderful hack based on Sanity 5. All going well until yesterday night.

ISSUE DESCRIPTION: When switching on the GF2, within <1sec an error message appears "Schalten Sie die Kamera aus und und wieder ein" = "Switch camera off and on again".

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR: I have switched the camera off/on multiple times. I have removed the (still fully loaded) battery. I have removed battery + SD card. I have removed the lens. I have tried with another lens. I have tried with another SD card. I have tried with another battery (fully loaded). Not successful. Still the very same error message comes up.

WHAT DOES WORK: The connection to the PC/Mac via USB still works, I can access the SD card.

SIDE NOTE: I wanted to change the firmware to the original GF2_V11.bin or any other; but the camera does not access at all the SD card allowing me to change the firmware. The error message comes up within <1sec.

QUESTIONS: => Is there any knowledge how to overcome this error message? => Is there any hidden trick like pressing a button when being switched on to factory reset the GF2?

Many thanks, Torsten

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Sorry, couldn't resist.