Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
To late to do automatic audio sync?
  • HI guys,

I've just cut a short film together which was shot using the GH2. It's on the timeline, ready for audio syncing. We used a external sound recorder. I'm using Premiere CC on Windows 64 bit. Just wondering if it's to late for using automatic syncing or a 3rd party programme like PuralEyes 3? I don't have the time to manually sync up the audio files. Have I missed the boat... do you have to do automatic syncing right before you edit?

Cheers

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • The normal workflow would be to sync before you edit. Not sure if PluralEyes is able to sync after an edit, but I imagine if it can it'll be more difficult. The PluralEyes website suggests this: With DualEyes, create new media files w/ synced audio and re-connect your project to those new files http://www.singularsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=602

• create new media files w/ synced audio and re-connect your project to those new files

@azza_act That would be a good way to deal with your situation, only have in mind that if you had spanned files that you haven't joined and rewrapped before editing, pluraleyes will have trouble with that. Also if you try to replace spanned MTS files with new synced media, you will probably get all kinds of crazy stuff on your timeline.

If you did not use spanned files, I think that you'll be fine just syncing and replacing media.

• @htinla @inqb8tr thanks guys, have take a look and see what happens