Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Ikonoskop going down
  • Ikonoskop has temporarily stopped the production of the A-Cam dll cameras due to a strained financial situation. We are working hard to find a solution to this and hope to start up production as soon as possible.

http://www.ikonoskop.com/

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • caught in RAW hurricane

• I am planning to write blog post soon on why same could happen to BM.

• Ikonskop missed the train. BM made themselves the train. In contrast to Aaton, Ikonoskop doesn´t have a huge brand name / reputation to fall back on when looking for investment / someone to save their arses so question is if someone feels their product is worth the trouble?

• i think i have an idea for this situation.

• Ikonoskop and Blackmagic are two completely different animals. Ikonoskop tried to bridge their company from garage made simple 16mm to a complex digital camera at a pricepoint that didn't work for anyone. Blackmagic , who are already technologically gifted, if they deliver the bmpcc w/o too many hickups, will conquer the market at a pricepoint everyone in the world wants. Don't get too far out on a limb !

....and that's not even mentioning the 4k....global shutter no one else on the planet can seem to deliver ...much less at 4 grand !

• The guy doing the tests for the Kineraw camera in the U.S., said he tried to talk a manufacturer into making a bare bones raw cam. He said the thing would only cost $300 usd(can't remember if that was msrp or manufacturing costs) with no lcd, external storage only, manual mount, etc... This was around a year before BM announced their camera. I'm interested to hear how they could go out of business.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Hope you write the post before I buy the BMPC.

• I think Vitaly just made gh2/gh3 RAW hack ;-)

• Either that or GoPro will come out with sub $1k cineform raw interchangeable lens cam. When you think how low the cost of the Hero3 is vs what it does....how much more would it cost to do 2.5k cineform raw with a dumb lens mount? Not much.

• I am planning to write blog post soon on why same could happen to BM.

I am very curious for this explanation.

• Ikonoskop is back in business under new management!