Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Inventing on Principle
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • One more of his talks

His site - http://worrydream.com/#

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Inventing on principle video interesting. Thanks for posting.

• Weird that you put this up recently. Didn't notice it. :-) Great stuff. Another great talk.

• The very best creations are not immediately viable. Einstein's special theory, for example. Bohr's work. Even Maxwell's and Newton's

Sadly we now regard as Gurus people who have created GUIs and Websites and software tools, which vanish pretty quickly into the mists of time. All money and commerce vanishes with time (or is supplanted), even if we worship it today.

Sigh...

• The very best creations are not immediately viable. Einstein's special theory, for example. Bohr's work. Even Maxwell's and Newton's

And? Why it is best?

Sadly we now regard as Gurus people who have created GUIs and Websites and software tools, which vanish pretty quickly into the mists of time. All money and commerce vanishes with time (or is supplanted), even if we worship it today.

I do not get you point really. Now mass media regard as gurus criminals and singers, not hard working guys who made GUI :-)

• @Vitaliy, I was not trying to denigrate your work, which has and will persist. I was just trying to point out that IMO, the best inventions/creations will persist and not get lost in the mists of time.

• I was just trying to point out that IMO, the best inventions/creations will persist and not get lost in the mists of time.

Best inventions, designs and work is ones that you are doing yourself. And ones that are made for people.

• Let's see. Like PCMU, the voice codec still in use today, for which I won an IEEE award for a discrete logic implementation of this codec scheme in 1974. As you say, it has been fun watching it progress, as time goes by :) And other people seem quite happy with, for example, my ETI 4600 Synthesiser invention (eg http://www.eti4600synthesiser.org.uk/ ). So maybe I am too close to this topic to be objective :)