Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Calling Brighton & Sussex p-v'ers: BBC South East Today broadcast 'BOAT' - from hacked GH2 & GH3!
  • A dear theatre-maker mate of mine recently passed away and his dying wish was for Brighton to have its very own Open Air Theatre (BOAT). The BBC have just broadcast today (check BBC iPlayer later) on South East Today parts of the following Vimeo link (they downloaded the footage from Vimeo :-) )

I made this spur-of-the-moment video (totally unprepared) in his last get together on Brighton & Hove's Lawns near the seafront. And it was great to see the Beeb use parts of it (and that the Panasonic GHx cameras are absolutely fine for broadcast!). Adrian's words are emphatic and amazing for a man in so much pain - he died only a few days later from his disease, pancreatic cancer. He only found out he had it two months ago and I just can't imagine him not being around anymore. He was very brave to the end.

Anyway, I'm mainly calling out to local personal-viewers who are invited to come along and lend support to this Sunday's BOAT fundraiser at Brighton's Dome theatre for a night of comedy. There are still a few tickets left and all proceeds go towards the building of the theatre. If you can't make it, please try and support it or donate via the Facebook link on the Vimeo page. Your help will turn an old and secluded bowling lawn into an amazing open air theatre scheduled for opening next May - and part of the Brighton Festival. Expects lots of classic Shakespeare performances, local theatre, open-air film screenings, and even live streaming events.

http://brightondome.org/event/3442/comedy_benefit_for_adrian_bunting_memorial_fund/

If you do make it down to the event - come and say hello to me!

Many thanks,

Nick

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • they say people who's gone live in the memory of the living, in the case of your friend, Adrian, he would also be alive through every and each play, actor, smile, laugh, tear, mystery and surprise expression of the people enjoying such an open (heart) project.
    he's not suffering any more.

respectfully

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha

• Wonderfully put @maxr

• Thank you for documenting his dream and helping make it a reality. I've contributed and I hope others do too... You are the man, Nick.

• Thanks @revitdazio. Very much appreciated.