Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Meetup: Austin, Personal View meeting
  • Hi y'all, I'd be happy to take on organizing this meetup. I figured I'd start by putting the word out there and see who all is in town. I don't have a day job and am super flexible with time and place of the meetup, so I'd like to work around everyone else's needs. Looking forward to meeting everyone in person finally.

• 19 Replies sorted by
  • I'm in Austin.

• I frequently travel to Austin, so it works for me.

• Im in for Austin.

• Im in as well.

• I'm in. It's Maury BTW.

• Awesome, great to see so much response already. How does the weekend of June 21st work for everyone?

• June 21st is good.

• Well that sounds fine with me... anyone else want to weigh in? Morning/afternoon/evening? Alternative dates? I'm south central, but happy to meet anywhere. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• June and July are bad for me between work and vacations this year. But could do it in the future. I'm in Dallas, but could make it down to Austin.

• It will likely be that there is no time that everyone can make, but maybe if there is interest, we could do a somewhat regular meetup every so often. What about everyone else, does next Friday work for y'all?

• Friday is good. Has anyone chosen a venue?

• June is bad for me but I could meet in July.

• July is fine with me if that's better for people. I'll be out of town the first two weeks, likely, but the second half of the month is wide open.

• June 21st works for me, have we decided on a time and place?

• We haven't yet. How does 7pm at Lustre Pearl on Rainey sound? Can I get a head count of who all is interested/available still? And if you are not, when would be a good time to hold the Round 2 meetup?

• Is anyone going tomorrow? Do we want to reschedule for a future date?

• It doesn't seem like a lot of people responded, maybe we should reschedule?

• Agreed, let's pick somewhere maybe a month down the road. The weekend of July 19th or the following both work well for me.

• @BobbyMcDonald

Let me know if someone is interested in organizing winter meetup.