Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Meetup: Barcelona, Personal-View Meeting
  • Barcelona meeting:

20th of december 7pm at Bar Bitacora c/Balboa 1 in Barceloneta neighborhood

Send PM to @gameb if you have any questions.

• 28 Replies sorted by
  • I'm not sure if I'm tagging correctly, but since I can't see if you're listed, I'll put you here as well @gameroja @dgf

• @Branson

No need to put in tags user names, it is not for this.

• Ah ok @Vitaliy_Kiselev, I was trying to select organizer(s), like you suggested, but apart from the tag line, I didn't see an option for that. Sorry for my noobishness in the forums. I'm more of an on-location guy rather than an online creature, but I eventually learn :)

• @Branson

it is LOCAL meeting, let locals arrange them.

• You heard the boss @Vitaliy_Kiselev, guys. Locals please get active in coordinating a meeting, and I hope to be able to join you.

• @Branson

Let me know if someone is interested in making winter meetup.

• @Branson @Vitaly_Kiselev Hi there, I am in Barcelona, let me know if we are meeting somewhere?

• @gameb

If you want to organize meeting just post place and date. I'll inform all members who live in this area.

• @Vitaly_Kiselev Barcelona meeting: 20th of december 7pm at Bar Bitacora c/Balboa 1 in Barceloneta neighborhood. Hasta pronto!

• I hope to make the meet up. I live just outside Barcelona and have to organise my travel. But hope to meet up Simon

• Hello community, Unfortunately i won't be in town for this meeting. Just for you to know i directed and produced a feature film selected in the Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival called : "Las Aventuras de Jesus Maria Cristobal Pequeño", entirey shot on GH2 with vintage photo lenses and in Barcelona. Here's the link to the teasers :

__.youtube.com/watch?v=KXArXU06osA __.youtube.com/watch?v=yn-Y9sHwvqM

Have fun in Barcelona!

Cheers

Gilles Gambino

• Hi everybody. I'm not going to be available for this 20th at Barcelona.
    Hope we can organise more meetups soon.
    Maybe attendees can post something here (photos or ideas) after the meetup.
    Salut
    (www.xavitomas.com)

• too early for me tomorrow for the meeting in Barcelona. 8.30 p.m. would be great.

• Just in case someone reads it, I am on the way there, we're a bit late :)

• This is to let you know that our meetup in Barcelona was a huge success. We started at 7pm and it ended at 6am. We had a lot to talk about and the tapas and vinos were holding up with us. Great people we met! We will meet again probably mids of january but we will let you know, also because several other PVs send mesages that they couldn't come. Another idea we had was to organize a PV short film Festival, were PV members from all over the world can show their films and discuss all kinds of different issues. I already talked to a local Civic Center were we can have a big screening room for a few hundred people and a few smaller meeting rooms for free if we book it in advance. The place is very close to the beach, in the Barceloneta neighbourhood, where people can also find cheap accommodation around 20€ each a night, great Tapa Bars and Restaurants too. We will have to talk about it more precisely when it is convenient for the people, but may be a good date could be mids of June, shortly before the big boom starts in this town. Barcelona is a very popular city, so if people book the flights in advance you can get really cheap ones for less than 50€ one way.

DSC_0379.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 492K
  • Next Barcelona meetup is coming friday 17th of January at 20:00h at BITACORA Bar in the Barceloneta, the street is called calle Balboa No 1. Benvinguts!

• Oh, I'd like to go but Friday is my hard-working day...

• This is to inform you that our second meetup in Barcelona (17th of January) was again a success. We started at 8pm and it ended at 2am (yes, this second time it was not so "hard" as the first time, but again very interesting) . We talked a lot and joined us a new friend. Of course, tapas and vinos made the meeting more "spiritual" haha. For the next meeting, we are talking about making a private screening of a gh2 feature movie directed by one of us, probably next week (we'll inform you about that when we have the definitive date).

Another idea we continued talking about was to organize a PV short film Festival. As we explained in the report of the first meeting: "a PV short film Festival were PV members from all over the world can show their films and discuss all kinds of different issues. We will search for a local Civic Center were we can have a big screening room for a few hundred people and a few smaller meeting rooms for free if we book it in advance. The place is very close to the beach, in the Barceloneta neighbourhood, where people can also find cheap accommodation around 20€ each a night, great Tapa Bars and Restaurants too. (...) may be a good date could be mids of June, shortly before the big boom starts in this town. Barcelona is a very popular city, so if people book the flights in advance you can get really cheap ones for less than 50€ one way.

• Hi everybody!

The third Barcelona meeting will take place this next 7th of February (Friday) at Bar Bitacora c/Balboa 1 in Barceloneta neighborhood.

We will have a brand new Speedbooster to play a little with it (courtesy of Lucian) and we will continue talking about organizing in Bcn a "PV short film Festival".

Four of us are confirmed for this meeting. It will be very nice to meet more PV users, so don't hesitate to ask me everything you need to come to the meeting this Friday in case you're interested on it.

PS. If someone can't come any Friday, we can think on a Saturday for the 4th meeting.

• In case someone else is coming now to the meetup and does not find the place, here is my phone: +34627897882 (I have whatssapp)

• The action going on here is really exciting @javiwan! I'll be on the other side of the world for a few months but will be back in Europe in the summer so I'll look forward to joining you all!

• @Branson, it will be great to have you in one of our meetings! Have a good and exciting adventure in the other side of Europe and see you in summer! :D

• Hi everybody!

The fourth Barcelona meeting will take place the next 14th of March (Friday) in c/ Jordi Girona 1-3 (Zona Universitaria). It will start at 19.30 and we will have a room with a projector to watch on a big screen some excerpts of our works. Of course, you're free to bring any video excerpt you want (we focus on videos shot with a GH camera or Blackmagic Pocket but you are free to bring anything you want to share with us).

The meeting point is Frankfurt Pedralbes at 19.30 (Carrer de Jordi Girona, 2). At 20h, we'll move to the screening room. If you arrive later, call me and I will appear (+34 627 897 882).

See you in a few days!

PS. There will be a BPCC and its specific Speedbooster so you can test it ;)

• The meeting point is Frankfurt Pedralbes at 19.30 (Carrer de Jordi Girona, 2). At 20h, we'll move to the screening room. If you arrive later, call me and I will appear (+34 627 897 882).

Remember to PM me on 12th of March so I'll inform all.

• Oh I'd like to go but I'm working at that time! Maybe you could post the conclusions by writing them or uploading a video on youtube.