Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Looking for a 45 degree rig elbow
  • I'm looking for this 45 degree rig elbow...but can't seem to find it under those keywords on eBay. Any idea how do people call those?

http://i.imgur.com/lw6QTlQ.jpg

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I think search for shoulder pads and rigs. It is part of some rigs. Do not know if it is available separetely, hope so.

• Can't seem to find it anywhere, not here, not on eBay...could it be some custom made part? Or did some previous rigs had that kind of 45' elbow rail?

• Many types of shoulder rigs have that part in the rear, it is like a pivoting locking plate that can be tilted up or down in 45 degrees increments, since it locks on an octagonal shaped something.

There is a screw on the other side of the rig in your pic that tightens the rear part in place at desired angle.

For example, I have this 'advanced rig' from PV deals:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/810/special-deals-complete-rigs-and-rig-parts#Item_64

Is that the part?

3de943891405b0558196166b4f48f3.jpg
    800 x 511 - 72K
  • Yes that's the part but is seems nobody is selling them separately...at least not on eBay.

• @Riker I think a DIY solution is doable. I'm gonna head over to hardware store and see if I can find something like an adjustable hinge type thing. I'd like to use my rig for stability and have flexibility about how high or low the camera is. If I find solution I'll post it. Please let me know if you get a solution as well

• If your 15mm rods are threaded inside, just go to the hardware store and get a threaded rod that matches. Bend it n a vise to the desired angle and then cut out the bend plus a 1/2 inch on either side of the bend. Easy DIY.

• @Brian2020 That's good for people who want just one angle and may work for Riker. I need something adjustable. But hell yeah - great DIY idea for fixed angle. Thanks