Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic GH3 vs Sony FS100
  • Wondering if anyone has any experience or videos/comparisons between the old low light king, FS100 and our new-ish Panny flagship the GH3? Haven't had a chance to try both out side by side for a test or comparison but I figure someone must have. I would assume the FS100 would still have the edge in lowlight performance (i.e. grain/noise) but what about other aspects like actual resolution tests/comparisons (lines resolved), Dynamic Range, Rolling Shutter, Moire, Slow-Mo, Codec, Grading Capability. I would assume the GH3's 50Mbps would be far superior in color grading latitude and for Green screen compositing than the 24Mbps AVCHD of the Sony? Just be interesting to see if anyone's done any tests or have some insights between the two cameras as I cant seem to fin any online anywhere (all GH2 vs FS100). I've got a GH3 (and a GH2) just curious if the Sony's worth the extra few $K if you don't need XLR and Super 35mm DOF and extreme low light performance. Grateful for anyone who could share some insight on their observed differences between these two great cams! Thanks!