Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cant flash already hacked gh2 new hacked v11 firmware…
  • I placed "GH2__v11.bin" in root, turned on gh2 pressed play

play button behaves normally it doesnt regognise the bin file at all

card was freshly formatted, one picture and one video taken…

Any ideas?

Help so much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

• 14 Replies sorted by
  • Hmm… it doesnt accept the original firmwares either, whether its the new or old one… :-(

• Couple of things to try,

Make sure you are in a Manual mode. Make sure you aren't mixing camera firmware, LOL. GH13 = GH1 as far as I can remember. Make sure you check the version increase box. Rename the file to GH2__v12.bin

• Is your battery fully charged?

• @henry: my mistake :( @murtlandphoto: yes… :(

• @suri2001 Place the dial on the letter M and then try. Report back if you will

• Did all you Said to no avail... Except renaming From 11 to 12 im Not sure if i changed it back (gh2 with me, but on the Road), Version increment was ckecked...

Installed is the previous Version of the fw, am using latest bera ptool, perhaps i should try different One...(?)

Sorry for Strange typo... ;-)

• Bera = Beta

Typing on phone is horrible... ;)

• @Henry Back home. I used a different sd card, same sad results. Dial on M as well. Renaming doesnt help either.

And even the original stock fw v11 isnt recognized…

Any ideas? Im getting really frustrated here… :(

Besides: Thank you all for your thoughts and input! What a great community here!

• ok, downgrading to original 1.32 FW -> bin file regognized, downgrade works! now upgrading to stock v11 - bin file NOT recognized.

What the hell is going on? Apparently, ptool is not the culprit f the stock fws arent even recognized... :{

• Try to read http://www.personal-view.com/faqs

Instead of talking with yourself.

• I did but unfortunately i(t) didnt resolve My Problems.

May I kindly ASK what im doing wrong?

Expect Talking to myself too much, of course... ;-)

• It is better to edit your last post than to reply to it.

There is no version 1.32 firmware for the GH2. What are you talking about? There is 1.0e and 1.1.

Format the memory card in the camera before copying the firmware image file to it. Try different memory cards.

• Thank you, i didnt think about editing them. Ill keep that in mind next Time!

It is a Long Time, i changed the Firmware, so i Must have wrongly supposed My increment was the previous fw., i guess. Sorry for the confusion!

Apart from that, i did follow your recommendafions, but it still doesnt work, though.

Once Again, Sorry if i upset anyone with My multiple Posts...

• I had the same exact problem. To solve this, I just reformatted my card. Then applied the hack! Hope you figured this all out already :)