Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Google images change
  • Interesting post at http://blog.photoshelter.com/2013/05/new-google-images-interface-causes-78-drop-in-referral-traffic-to-your-site/

SEO consulting firm Define Media Group analyzed 87 domains worldwide from a variety of networks and business verticals, and found an average 63% decrease in referral traffic from Google Images after the January update. Those defined as “photo sites” are down 74%. Fashion, lifestyle, and entertainment sites are down 78%.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Google+ on the march...

• I must say, from a user standpoint, the new quick look method is quite useful. I think sites just need to change the way that they embed images, because there are some sites where you cannot see a full-res image by clicking "view original image", you must go to the webpage in order to see or obtain the image. If everyone did this, the quick look should still work, but anyone wanting a larger image would give your site traffic. What Google has done makes practical sense. I'm sure by not loading up individual webpages in the background, their load times are faster.

• @B3Guy

Thing Google did makes sense to them, but does not make sense to owners of sites and photos, hence it is wrong thing.

• They did the same thing to books....attempting to control other people's content without their permission.... Trailer for 90 minute documentary ( aired on BBC Storyville and is on the film festival circuit...)