Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cheap battery chargers okay?
  • I've got 4 original Panasonic brand batteries for my GH2. When I come home after shooting I want to charge them all at once so I need 3 more chargers. I saw this cheap charger and wondered if there are any problems with cheap chargers either in terms of safety or affecting battery in any way adversly? Thanks

http://www.everydaysource.com/product/blc12-battery-charger-for-panasonic-dmc-gh2-lumix-dc/BPANBLC12CS1?esprcshopdtf130318=sc+shop+BPANBLC12CS1

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Well, that's at least dirt cheap! I have "a general" charger with movable pins and that has been charging original Pana brand battery without any problems and I haven't noticed any differencies in battery usage, either. This general charger whatsoever will not (for a reason or another) charge third party GH2 batteries. I do not have the charger you linked, but I just share my experience using other than the original Pana charger.

• looks like the one I got- that cheapo charger from china, it is able to awaken dead batteries, so I had to buy it. sadly, it stopped working after a few months. but if you ever find your self deep-discharging your gh2 battery and it wont recharge in the regular charger, you will want one of these ;)

other than maybe breaking someday, it is fine.

• Thanks for feedback guys