Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
New Reason Rack Extensions from Numerical Sound
  • I thought I would share a new (as well as an almost new) Rack Extension for Reason that I consulted on for Numerical Sound.

First, there's Tone Mutation Instruments, a quick way to try out different timbral variations on your sounds with just a couple clicks. It uses convolution technology to take the harmonic content of 36 different sound sources (guitars, instruments, etc.) and apply it to your sounds and recordings. http://shop.propellerheads.se/product/tone-mutation-instruments/

Then there's ReStereo, which expands any mono signal into stereo in a much more natural and detailed fashion than existing plug-ins, and often with much greater phase coherence and control. It can be made to sound very subtle and several of the presets sound more like the signal was simply recorded in a different fashion, as opposed to more like an effect. http://shop.propellerheads.se/product/restereo/

Anyway, I'm sharing these (whereas I normally don't talk much about my Numerical Sound work) because 1) they are in a much lower price bracket than NS products normally are and 2) I noticed that the Reason 7 announcement is one of the most recent in the Sound and Music section - and all of these plug-ins are fully compatible with Reason 6 and later, as well as Reason Essentials 1.5 and later.

ReStereo is one that I find especially useful for helping expand shotgun mics and other mono soundsources and I hope that they prove useful to all of you as well. In my experience, each product represents the best version of the color it sets out to achieve - no competing product matches them, but that doesn't mean that color is right for everybody. :)

Each of them has a 30-day fully-functional free trial so you might as well check it out if the concept interests you. Let me know @Vitaliy_Kiselev if there's anything I should do to help make sure the announcement doesn't read too much like SPAM. :)

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Top Posters