Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
We produced a short film with the GH3 and here is the result :)
  • Hi all,

We just shot a short film with the GH3 and it is finished now. It might be interesting for you guys to see what the GH3 can do. The film was shot over 2.5 days. I added some details in the film's description. Make sure to download the film for full 1920x1080 resolution, as I don't have a paid Vimeo account.

Let me know what you think also! Questions will be answered as well.

Link:

Watch on Vimeo for HD and download the file for a better 1920x1080p version without Vimeo's compression!

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Okay, how did you do the car?

• Nice film - only question - why's he stomach pumping him at the end lol :)

• Downloaded the original...watched it. Like it. I won't lie, I didn't like the look (grade) of the film. It was too happy-looking for the theme of the film, and it's so sharp it comes off too perfect.

GH3 footage looks great, I can't find faults in it.

Also, if I was shooting this, I would't let the final scene go by with the actor putting that amount of "effort" into it :D

• NIcely done! You have few very nice shots, great angles.

Only, if the guy was not pumping his stomach in the end, he might have lived :). I'd redo that shot by all means, if it is possible.

• Thanks for your replies all.

The color grade is a matter of taste. At the end it is clear whats happening, and in my own opinion it should look 'perfect' and sharp. Gives it a bit of a surreal atmosphere Maybe it indeed could have been graded a bit darker.

About the end shot... Well, ya it could have been better with a more realistic CPR but the problem is that the main actor has had an open heart surgery a while back and therefore couldn't take any pressure on his chest, nor wanted to take any risks. Fair enough for me and thought this was the best alternative.

He's obviously no doctor indeed ... But neither are most of us so I hoped we could get away with it. Most people don't realize it or say anything about it. I guess you guys are more prone to details :)

• Great work, great story.