Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Upcoming: Free EQ and FX Presets for GH2 Internal Mic and Rode VMP (Possibly GH3)
  • Some of my recent conversations with GH2 users made me realize that a lot of people could benefit from some decent EQ presets specifically tailored to the GH2 and some of the mics used with it.

I won't make some big marketing push for why mine would be better than anybody else's - in the last decade and a half of working with software FX I've learned there are a lots of ways to make things sound great. I also won't make any money off of this so there would be no point. :) But I do want to make it as easy as possible for people that aren't used to dealing with EQ to get a good sound.

Now here's the part where you come in. The tricky part of making presets is that they have to be widely usable. I'll be making these on a Windows machine (I spend more time in Windows than OS X) so whatever plug-in I make them for will need to work in that environment. I am thinking I would like to use the free ReaPlugs suite from Cockos, but my question is whether people would prefer that I use those or the ones native to Reaper itself?

If I use the ones internal to Reaper, then I seem to remember they may also work on OS X. But if I use the ReaPlugs suite, they will work in any host but Windows only.

Here are the links to each: http://www.reaper.fm/ http://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/index.php

So, which version would you guys prefer? Feel free to suggest other free plug-ins or other microphones you would like covered. I'm open to doing the same thing for the GH3 if there's sufficient interest.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Listening to some home-brew audio, might be an idea to rustle up some preset channels - like ducker (auto dipping music when dialogue/VO is active - with a small tutorial for each) EQ & Compression etc as a template - I can port em over to AU and RTAS and VST on the mac for the Final cutters etc if you want a hand on the dark side ;p

• @soundgh2 Not sure how I missed your reply. :) I'm afraid I don't think I'll have time to create tutorials for this very soon because of my magazine commitments but I may be able to get the presets I mentioned up soon. Every time I think I've got my schedule figured out, video/audio work changes. :)