Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Menu cheat sheet hack -is it possible?
  • Well, I know this is a shot in the dark, but anyway, here goes...

Is it possible to make a "hack" menu for GH2, something like a standalone menu category, where all of the cheats, shutter speeds, AOVs, guide numbers and all of those things may be "written down"?

Yes, no?

:D

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I guess this means no?

• I think it is possible in theory. You can do the same just placing jpegs with this cheats as first images on SD card and usi simple preview function.

• Perhaps ptool could be modified to create that jpeg and write it with the same name/location as patch file? Be even better to automate placing this jpeg on camera (internal memory?) as part of firmware load, but probably not possible.

• Like this idea.

• Perhaps another possibility is to alter the text of the onscreen help menu (the scrolling text that can be enabled in Setup Screen 4 "Menu Information ON").

Any menu item that is altered by patch could have some descriptive words placed in the menu information for that menu item (customizable, of course). For example, I sometimes forget which patch is loaded on my GH2. It would be great if GH3 PTool could allow me to create my own text for the Version Disp. item on page 4 of the Setup menu to remind me that this version is "VK: Driftwood 4:4:4 Patch" ;-)

Probably not as convenient as listing everything on single JPG, but might be easier to do.

• Speaking of hacks

LOL @ the description

"The moment is was introduced to the market, Lumix GH2 started a silent revolution in the DSLR video market. From its first day on the market, film directors and cinematographers noticed problems with the GH2. The amount of macroblocks and similar codec artifacts on the (gasp) unhacked GH2 was just unacceptable for the purposes of filming.

But then the blessing in disguise arrived, with the first hack for GH2 released, opening the floodgates (pun) of bits. From that day on, filming color charts, river streams and green fields was never the same.

This video was shot to show the huge differences between the unstable yet magnificent hacked GH2 and stable but miniscule unhacked GH2.

This video was made thanks to Drew Networks cats and PixelPeeper Associations of the World.

Hacked info: DMC-GH2HEB-K + Cosina Nokton 25mm f/0.95 MF ∙ FW1.1 + Ptool 3.41x ∙ CinMod -2 -1 -2 0 ∙ QuantumLeap v.3 230kbps Great Gatsby patch ∙ 444 matrix-R GT 1.1 ∙ ProRES 422X transcoded AVCHD

Download link to the file will be sent soon - nobody watches YouTube video anymore anyway, everybody just downloads the source file. YouTube shouldn't be offering HD options anyway, rather give us the 360p preview and download link to the source file for the best optimum quality of the video, IMHO."

• @Riker your video is.. what's the correct internet lingo.. fake and gay?