Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Century Optics "Night-Hawk" Lenses: 25mm f/0.95, 50mm f/1.4, 75mm f/1.4
  • Does anybody have any information regarding old 16mm "Night-Hawk" lenses potentially manufactured by Century Optics?

25mm f/0.95, 50mm f/1.4, 75mm f/1.4

Your help in creating a reference to these lenses is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Nighthawk1.jpg
    1260 x 945 - 967K
    Nighthawk2.jpg
    1260 x 945 - 588K
    Nighthawk3.jpg
    1260 x 945 - 555K
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • I'm just guessing: As i know, Century Optics is www.schneideroptics.com / was in the old days www.schneider-kreuznach.de ????

For the Name Hawk-Lens, i think of those excellent Hawk Anarmophic Lenses build by http://www.vantagefilm.com (Film Rental).

• If these were for 16mm, they won't cover the GH2 sensor other than in ETC mode.

From the data I could imagine these were Schneider Kreuznach lenses.

• @mikidora - I do not think these lenses are related to Schneider.

@nomad - They were for 16mm, but they do cover the GH2 sensor quite well. While I am not posting about these lenses as a direct connection to being used on a GH2 - I can tell you that: The 25mm vignettes slightly on the GH2, similar to the Angenieux 25mm f/0.95, the 50mm does not vignette at all, and the 75mm does not vignette at all.

I have posted three photos of the lenses.

• @IvanUskokovic

Any reason to do it twice?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev - No. I attached the photos in my last post but figured it would be better to have them in the first post of the thread afterwards. Thanks for deleting the double post.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions