Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Premiere Pro, MTS files, metadata and no audio.
  • So, I just discovered that Premiere Pro isn't importing audio for some of my MTS clips anymore. Not all MTS clips, just some of them.

After speaking to an Adobe representative I was told this was because I don't have the entire AVCHD folder structure and metadata available, just the .MTS files, and that my only option to get the audio back into Premiere is to transcode the clips into another format and relink against the transcoded version.

Personally I don't think this sounds like a completely plausible explanation. There are MTS clips in the same folder that import just fine.

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • Yeah, the Adobe reply was nonsense. If I copy one of the dodgy MTS clips to a new location and then import it, it works just fine.

Trying a fresh project and cleaning the Media Cache Database don't help though. There's clearly some additional metadata PP has stored about the file somewhere, just need to figure out where.

• FYI: Manually deleting the Media Cache Database (not via the PP GUI option) fixed this problem. Adobe guy didn't know what he was talking about.

• @sam_stickland So what exactly did you did? I got the same problem. I'm working in a mac

• hey dude, the problem could be that you did not install the full adobe content. if you install as trial and activate later, especially with a "downloaded" adobe suit the codecs for avchd. if you dont have the avchd presets, this might be the issue. reinstall adobe properly.

• I got all the presets and have reinstalled a few times. Still no audio

• Problem solved!!! Manually deleting the cache data. Thank you all

• @jdude My problem was a corrupted Media Cache Database. I had to delete it manually (in Explorer). Clearing the cache in Premiere Pro GUI did not fix it.

Check your settings, find out where the media cache database is stored on your disk and then blast the contents of that folder.

• Yes, manually delete cache folder Solved Problem. Thank you.

• i have the same problem theres no audio on my mts files , how do i delete de media cache??

• Has anyone experienced random audio drop outs during playback in CS6 timeline?

It loses audio for few seconds, video plays on ok, then audio pops back in, than out, it is extremely annoying. I found many users on adobe forums with same issue, but no solution, for some people clearing the cache solves it temporary, but it reappears.

It is more prone to happen with avchd files and it starts for me when I import more audio clips in new tracks, but nothing extreme, just two tracks and it starts going crazy.

• I was having a similar audio-related issue with Plural Eyes (audio problems with MTS files, audio extraction errors). Found a solution from Adobe, they say to install Perian Quick Time Component, which helps to natively handle mpg audio. It worked for me for Plural Eyes , maybe that could solve also this problem

• As far as Pluraleyes/MTS goes, with Premiere, you can highlight your video in the timeline and do a Render and Replace operation. This makes it fully compatible with Pluraleyes. If you're having problems with MTS audio otherwise, maybe try that.

• @Oeadipax I tried that as first solution but it didn't worked for me

• just download and install rovi totalcode for premirer pro that shoul fix the audio , then try rendet and replace if pluraleyes does not sync.

• Deleting the media cache did not work. Creating a new project with different AVCHD settings solved the problem for me.

• How do you delete the media cache database file manually? there are a few sub folders (dynamic links, plugins etc.....)?

• Go to setings, media cache, there is an option to delete it, also you can see where is it stored or change the folder location.

• @everest_08

Quite a few people that have needed to eliminate the media cache & all for buggy operation have needed to manually empty that cache to really get the job done right. At that point you need to find out where the folders are on your machine, see to it that you are in 'administrator' role or whatever ... and manually delete the whole shebang.