Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Fremantle: Panasonic GH3
  • Just a quick test of the Panasonic GH3 down at Fremantle in Western Australia. Shot with a Voightlander 25mm and graded with filmconvert.

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • how did you manage to get one in australia? I would very much like to know =)

• ME too, where do you get a PAL version GH3 in Perth..

• Ordered off Adorama back at the beginning of December, only got it a few days ago :)

• Also its not PAL. I think Gerry Gibbs had some but sold out by the 3rd. You'll probably have to wait until the end of January before they get in locally

• @SergioLeone What were your settings? With all due respect, i am not impressed with GH3's resolution and image quality. Tack sharp and video-like. Somehow, the hacked GH2 still has more cosmos, even if the DR is slightly smaller. Compare your video with some of the films shot on GH2 with a Nokton 25mm as well. The razor sharp images produced by the GH3 will make BMCC an even more exciting option

• This is the first time I've ever used a camera with manual controls so mark that down to my inexperience. I had it on the Portrait profile with everything dialled down to -2. Also I realised too late that my shutter speed was still set at 1/50 so that would explain the jagged slow mo.

What settings would you recommend? I'm such a newbie at this.

• I dont think the sharpness was due to yr "lack of experience". I hv seen quite a few demos online made by pp of repute, same results. Panasonic changed the sensor, and this is the result.

• The GH3 has more controls to dial down sharpness than the GH2. Wouldn't this issue be negligible when considering the upgrade?