Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
In defence of the 14-140mm kit lens
  • I see lots of posts labelling the 14-140 as "rubbish", "crap", etc. Personally, I find this lens to be extremely versatile, especially for outdoor use where OIS is desired. And yes it can do great shallow DOF if you use ND and a bit of zoom ( see 2nd interview starting 4:10)

It's sharp, has great colour, almost no veil flare and will do a good auto focus pull if you setup the camera right and practice. I hope this post encourages more people to give this lens a go.

This following video is ALL 14-140 shot on a GH1 in 720 50p with a 1/50 shutter to give just that little extra motion blur effect.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Rambo, where are you from? That's just up the road from Caloundra where I grew up!

• Sorry VK missed that one, to much Xmas vino.

Mooloolaba (probably best to go PM to discuss location)

• I'm far away from there now anyways... I live in the US now...

• I love even my 14-42 kit lens. Its a hell of a lot of Bang for the Buck! :) Just shot a movie mainly with kit and rokkor 50mm 1.7. :)

• the kit lens is generally my go to lens for run and gun events durring the day. it just plain works