Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 pessimists club, aka Don't cry for me Argentina 2
  • This is topic about all real or imaginary issues with real GH3 or imaginary models of GH3 (inside the minds of our members).

• 29 Replies sorted by
  • haha LMAO "or imaginary issues"

• LoL. Gh3 never stops entertaining :)

• Here i am! I don't see why should i buy a Gh3 when a Gh2 hacked it's the same (wi-fi, headphones, 3,5mm and not 2,5 for the microphone, and a new Lcd aren't enough).

• I think that the imaginary pink GH3 has a worse moire than the real black GH3

• Don't start the party without me! My gripe: with its wifi option, now the GH3 can be easily hacked by the CIA and the like, and other anonymous fanboys can put virus in it.

• I won't buy it, it's too expensive (for my pocket) and my gh2 still rocks. Hope to see it around 1500€, lens included, soon.

• These backwards steps with the GH3 are exactly why I still shoot with my Sony Mavica CD400. I'll never give it up!! Hey, VK, how about a hack for that?!

• I'd rather be lurking for a while. GH3 isn't a necessity for me, so I'll wait for more reviews, user opinions and price drop, of course. There's also Canon 6D upcoming which, if Canon cares to fix moire, is an interesting option. If Oly cares to upgrade EM-5 with more robust codec and 25p, I'll grab one as soon as they release it, it's stabilizer is simply the best solution on the market for handheld shooting.

In real life, I'm selling my other b-cams in favor of another GH2 to upgrade my multicam jobs pack. They're cheap now - great time to grab another one.

• Hehe this thread! zigizigi's right - GH2s are extremely cheap now - go get 'em.

• Just picked another one up plus the 45-200 lens, 14-42 lens, extra battery, memory cardand bag for $500. Just sold the two lenses for $220 so got the rest for $280 so to speak!!

• @vicharris

Where'd you find that, eBay or CL?

• CL in LA :)

• Why I have to waste my (really little, nobody want my work because they can't understand me!) money in this buggy and shitty (8 bit???my Commodore Amiga was 16 and better!!) cam if the world it's going to disappear in almost 20 days, for the maya prediction?

• Where is GH5? Global shutter? 1080p120? Changeable rubber eye cup?

• Wait wait wai wai w....Where can i get my "really cheap" Gh2? Some link please! (Europe only)

• Jokes aside: The GH3 is not for me. It's probably not a bad camera, but they've evolved it in relevant aspects to the opposite direction of what I am interested in.

I bought a micro4/3 camera because I want the camera to be small and lightweight - but the GH3 is significantly more bulky and much heavier than the GH2. I would rather like a GH2 + 1080p60 in a GX1 form factor.

I make use of the "extended tele converter" mode quite often (because I refuse to carry anything but a pancake lens with me while on vacation), and if that is actually not available in 720p60 mode, that's a pretty serious regression from the GH2.

The "weather sealing" may be useful for some people - but I need to buy a (very expensive) underwater housing (for diving) anyway, so I could use that one if I needed protection from rain - but that hasn't occured to me so far.

The GH3 sensor may provide somewhat more DR, but it seems to come at the price of more aliasing - and to me, less aliasing is more important than more DR.

I won't try to convince people not to buy a GH3, if you've other preferences and use cases than I do, it may actually be better suited than the GH2. But it's not better for everyone.

• So long I see 2 problems that prevents me to buy it :

• The EVF doesn't seem better (I need to test it at a store to be sure)

• the "click on dial" magnification feature seems to be gone. I use it all the time

too bad, all the rest would suit me well

• really glad for everyone who has discovered their deal-breakers regarding the GH3. especially for folks who have not handled the camera, rest on speculation, haven't experimented with their own application. really thrilled to live thru everyone's process with each of you.

• @lenuisible

I was in the same boat about the Click to zoom. Then I found out that you can just tap the screen and it will zoom in for you. It is actually a lot better than it was before with the GH2.

• @mpgxsvcd

Yes, but it's more intrusive in photo (and a lot more obvious that you film if video).

And the point in the magnification is to ajust focus, so if one hand hold the camera, another click on the screen, you're one hand short to change focus :)

• @mpgxsvcd That zoom works in what setting? I can tap on the screen abd the focus shifts or the focus area moves, but the picture does not get larger. So how does it work t zoom the picture??

• You guys are judging on what you see on these view badly filmed internet footage.

It's like cooking meals. 2 persons making a dish with the same quality products. One tast like shit, the other tasts delicious. Same material but done with different skills!

• yeah? Well let's try putting a world reknown cooking chef in Mc Donald's kitchen and Im pretty sure it'll still taste like sh*t. ;)

• @lenuisible one button magnification is still there! I could not find it because I thought "Focus Area Set" is the right function. "Focus Area Set" requires the SET button to activate magnification. You need to assigne the function "AF Mode". It dose the same but without having to find the SET button. You just need to press it twice.