Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH1 - GH2 light difference?
  • To make a long story short, I used the GH1 with great result and waited for the GH3. Then I just recently add a great offer to buy a used GH2 and got it today. I install the latest flow motion patch and did some tests. I immediately felt that it seemed the GH2 was getting darker in shots than my GH1 (max lattitude patch) so i did some test with the same lenses with the exact same framing. The GH2 is 1-2 stop behind? Is that a matter of settings? (I use smooth settings based for both GH, with -2 in most parameters) or because of the difference in patches? Sorry if my observation is an obvious one but I would like to understand what is hapening and learn :) Thanks!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • @tenjin

Check DXOMark for GH1 and GH2, they have different ISO understanding :-).

• i prefer GH1 image at iso 100 than GH2. But the cadence and motion in GH1 is shit.

• oh my.... it seems this has been discussed to death. I am sorry. And I thought the GH2 would perform better on that matter. Thanks for your replies!