Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Zoom lens for documentaries
  • THE DP i work with generally found that the fast and Fantastic Olympus 14-35 2.0 changed aperture egen zooming.... Toooo bad since this lens really can perform as far as I can see. Well that is a 4/3 still photo lens so we Did not not expect more.

But now we tried the equally fantastic Pana 12-35 and same DP found the same Issue with this lens as well. Is this something well known? I have not heard it from other sources.

Is there any workaround that someone knows about or other zoom that can be used.

Now with an even better Gh3 Coming up and our AF101 still performing well it is à shame not to be able to find good tools. Prime - wise the situation is fantastic ... But Video zoom?

Now THE slow 14-140 does not behöver in this way. But focus by wire is not really good.

THE new Pana zooma just must work... But How can one prevent the aperture to change while zooming?

Leif

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • If you would have read the Pana 12-35mm thread, you would have known a lot about the problem.

The only alternative are MF zooms with a good aperture compensation (like Rokkor 24-50) or others mentiones there. Unfortunately they are slower.