Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
"Tweedling" short film
  • This is my latest completed short film. There's a lot of baggage with this one - basically 8 local directors were going to make an updated Alice In Wonderland zero budget feature, but due to various reasons that never came about and it's not gone off in a "different direction". I'm being polite :) Lots of internal bullshit, blah blah blah.

This was meant to be a side project for me, 4 weeks of work. I got half a page of dialogue and then "Alice fights TweedleDum and TweedleDee". Well, this is the result. I cut half of the half a page of dialogue, added a musical number, and decided the Tweedles would be better off fighting against themselves. In their minds.

8 months later and it's done, lol.

There's some GH2 stuff in here. Not a lot. The commentators were filmed on the GH2 against a greenscreen. There may be the odd insert here and there as well. The majority was a couple of Canon 550's and a Panasonic HMC151 on a steadicam. Had loads of issues intercutting those three different cameras - the 151 was fine, but the other two cameras were never white balanced (I was merely directing), and I'm guessing there was some funky stuff going on with profiles or something as one of the Canon's had huge colour shifts between lenses. Basically that's my excuse for some poorly matched footage in there. I done my best with what I had.

The best thing to come out of this project; it was the first time I'd had a DSLR on set, and the footage convinced me it was a viable alternative to a "proper" camcorder. Of course, that was just shoddy 550 footage, and research lead me to the GH2 and to this very site.

Well, here's the "film". Standalone I'm afraid there's no context at all. This was supposed to be the scene where Alice is trying to get into the Secret Garden and the Tweedles try to stop her.