Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Need help logging footage and adding Title frame (Premiere or After Effects)
  • I shot 50+ takes of smoke. I need to deliver the takes so the ones they like can be selected.

I am trying to find a way to automate (Win7) taking a folder of .MTS clips, into a timeline, and adding 2-3 second black title to each with the Project name Take number, and possibly the file name.

I don't want to do this by hand.

Any ideas how to automate?

Is there a way perhaps to add the "Title" during a Media Conversion. Then I can just bring into the timeline?

White text on black would be fine, But I may like to make it look more professional.

Particularly when I'm dealing with so many almost identical takes. It would be helpful to roll back and see the file name/number.

Thanks

Maxi

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • @disneytoy, I am not familiar with premiere at all. I delve into AE, but not an expert.

In Media Composer, using the timecode overlay on a track spanning an entire sequence, I am able to add a text field and select the clip name of the track below.

It's not the answer to your question, but if something similar possible in AE/Premiere it might help you and client to identify shots.

You can see take numbers in this draft, above each shot (middle of screen) 0001 etc
    This appraoch means no scrubbing back to beginning

I actually always edit with a visible shot ID on screen .. top layer of every sequence