Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
T.V. Magic Show filmed with GH2
  • Hey everyone! Firstly, I want to thank Vitally and Driftwood for their amazing work. Im currently filming a pilot for a T.V. show about an illusionist in El Salvador with the GH2.

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • @APA This looks fantastic! Mind sharing what lens(es) you used? Did you crop it to an anamorphic perspective, or use anamorphic glass?

• @Sangye Thanks! I used a Canon FD 50mm 1.4 and I cropped it. Im looking into getting an anamorphic adapter soon though, any recommendations?

• Looked great. Now, if you could just keep that bulb from wiggling while it's floating, it'd look less like it's attached to a string.. :)

• wiggly bulb +1 ...aaaand: it -seems- you did not frame it right while shooting. maybe did not have anamorphic markings on your display? I always forget those, too. but in the end its always framed a little too close. :)

but hey- content is king. I liked it!

• @svart @fatpig agreed about the wobble.. The reality is that illusions like this one are extremely difficult, and the difference between getting it flawless and a little wobble is about as tricky and sensitive as balancing a cheap steadicam. I would have loved to film it again, but I just have too many things to film and not enough time right now. Also with the framing, I think this is where the 2x crop factor on the gh2 really comes into play. Yould be surprised at how tight the space was and how far back I was. Wish I would have had a 45mm! Glad you liked it though :)

• Just finished a new Flourish video for this project! (shot on GH2 in 720p with BOOM!)

• Were almost there! Official trailer finally up :) this project has been shot entirely on the GH2

• Excellent work. Great production work in more than just the image too!

• Yes, I must say an all around well done project. Very professional looking.

• @vicharris thank you very much