Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
video
  • check it out, the cameras image looks great.

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • Heres the Vimeo link.

• Panasonic did a good job getting PB on Board, will be a great ambassador for the camera :-) Footage looks really nice:-) Can't wait to see what this new sensor can do in lowlight

• I think, this type of "silent" Movie, like Nikon and Canon's demo films are becoming the standard for Promo intros. Most of Blooms other work were just pretty moving pictures without trying to tell any story. I also think it is very important to be able to see skin tones in different lighting conditions. The desert shots are very tough lighting. I know where that is. I've shot at Club Ed's in Lancaster, CA where that Diner is located. We even knocked down the neon sign outside by accident. I bet when they talk about the new WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE they will talk about the desert scenes.

• film is about love and a "G?" camera. Bravo PB and consort :-)

• Looking for "wide dynamic range" ... and not found. DR shown here seems to be very poor compare to GH23... first impressions.

• @lolodigital,

I think we need to wait and see other videos. I mean how many promo or initial videos made from new cameras have we seen in the past that showed the true quality of that camera displayed later on?

These videos are always shot by individuals with their own individual post production styles. Some like to crush their blacks some let their highlights blowout. We don't know what lenses were used, at what F-stop or what kind of lighting was used.

• "I can’t tell you too much about the camera until Monday when it is officially announced for obvious reasons and I doubt any of you have a clue what the camera is or anything about it"

"What I can say is it’s a massive step up from the previous model and has a superb 72mb/s All-I codec which is a world away from the compressed as hell AVCHD codec that we are used to on many cameras and on all their previous G series cameras."

It answers some of the things I mentioned in my last post. It's a very interesting read.

• I think my bank account is about to cry for mercy.

• Nice quote: "I especially loved the much improved low light performance."

I'd better book some more business to afford this AND the BMCC....

• @ahbleza,

It must be great to be able to afford both. I'm in the process of selling my Nikon D7000 now to be able to afford the Gh3.

• Please use existing topic, as it already have this video and discussion

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2561/gh3-rumors-topic/p16

• I've got a few jobs that will help me get the money for this camera. It's perfect timing!!!

I liked what I saw. I'm not looking for perfect. I'm looking for a tool that can help me get a quality job done. At this price point no camera will do everything perfectly and we shouldn't be expecting that. I think this will do great for the level of work that I do.

What i've seen and heard about the GH3 so far is looking very good. I thought the DR and color looked really good. Resolution was what i've come to expect from GH cameras. Low light scenes looked good. This was a PRE PRODUCTION model too. So let's remember that.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions