Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Adobe Anywhere
  • Edit remotely stored footage. All the rendering and processing is done server side and then streamed to the client's Premiere Pro using the Mercury Streaming Engine. Available 2013.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-anywhere/introducing-adobe-anywhere-for-video/

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/new-tech-adobe-anywhere/

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • And now we enter oficialy to cloud like editing

• Hopefully stuff like this will eventually get offered as a rentable service. It would be nice to press render in After Effects and have it happen on a remote render farm. Man can dream :)

• @sam_stickland RENTAL!!!! are you nutts??? It will be anyways but...

it will cost much much much more in time than buying it and using it at your computer. Personaly i dont like cloud computing, but seems like avarage joe likes alot cloud cooko land. Even games now are rented like and instead of earning levels you have to buy it.

Im more like : got hard disk fill it up, its all yours, payed only once.

• Maybe I'm nuts, but when I press render in AE and see an estimated completion time of 43 hours I sure do wish there was an easy way to spin up an After Effects render farm. These things are all the rage in 3D modelling, but video asset sizes (vs bandwidth) makes it difficult at the moment.

• By which I mean I'd like to temporarily rent a lot more power than would fit under my desk ;)

• How about color grading on compressed stream over the web?

Would it be even possible to install presets and plugins on the server side?

How long will it take to upload GigaBytes of data?

• All good questions. Personally I can't imagine that this sort of technology isn't going to be without lots of teething problems and it's probably going to be quite bandwidth hungry and latency sensitive.

It may be a retorical question, but at 1 Mbps a 1GB transfer takes ~2.2 hours. The asymmetric bandwidth of most residental connections is going to be a problem. If you've filled a 64GB card it's could be quicker to post it!

• exactly as @sam_stickland pointed out.

At least in Finland it appears that faster than 1mbps uploads are only a dream everywhere else but the few largest cities or they come with astronomical pricetag. And yeah I know they offer mobile service with theoretical 15/15mbps but it just doesnt sound the right solution either.

Before there is true symmetric 100/100 connection available to practically everywhere this will not be a viable solution in my opinion.

I am also with Sam on the subject of renting more horsepower from time to time. It would be a huge to have the ability to speed up things when neccessary and if needed.

A bit off topic but I really think Adobe should come up with some kinf of render engine versions of both Premiere and AE so that you could install those render nodes in all the computers at your office/home and have them all participate in a render. After effects has kinda this but as far as I know the "nodes" are only able to render each one their own comps from a so called watched folder but not one comp in unison.