Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 RAWs have a yellow tint
  • Hi guys, I'm using photoshop CS5 to process my photos (I work in real estate photography) and when I shoot with the GH2 on a job, the picture in the LCD looks good, right exposure and colors. Same with the perview JPGs when i look at them in bridge but when I open the RAWs in bridge, it looks like picture has lost at stop and the whole file picture had a yellow tint. Then in open the RAW file in photoshop and the picture still has yellow everywhere. Is this a setting of the GH2 or something wrong with Photoshop? I'm using an Olympus flash and the panasoinc 7-14mm lens. Cheers

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • RAW is just that, raw. you can adjust the color any way you want. if there is yellow tint, its just your current raw settings. just change them.

• @azza-act Make sure you set you WB correctly in camera by taking a pic of a white wall/grey card... save it to one of the custom settings, shoot way. Same process for each room you photograph. It takes no time at all and you'll notice a real difference in camera. A lot of the time the WB presets just don't cut it for me. As @fatpig said it's not a biggy since your shooting RAW it's easily corrected in post. However It's always more satisfying to get it right in camera so that when you upload to LR or Photoshop your images look better and you get more satisfaction from your images and subsequently less fiddling about in post processing trying to get your images to look right or the way you though they would come out..

• What version of Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) do you have? If I remember correctly, older versions of Photoshop stop getting updates at some point that may have fixes or optimizations for various raw formats.

AFAIK, the latest version of ACR for CS6 is 7.1.0.354