Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
computer cant access gh2 anymore
  • Hi,

sorry, i dont know if this is the right category for this. Also i did not find anything in the search option.

My pc cant acess my gh2 anymore. A couple of days ago it worked perfect as always. Now it recognises it as a drive after i connect it and sees how much space is in use on my sd-card, but i cant get into the subfolders anymore. It says it cant find the application/device (in german "kann Anwendung nicht finden").

I tried several SD-cards, different USB-Ports, still no sucess. The incamera settings are the same, too. I also did not change any configurations on my PC. I uninstalled the gh2 in the device manager, still no sucess.

Any help is highly welcome!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I connected it to very old laptop and there it could recognise the camera. Thinking about it, i bought a new printer a couple of days ago. But suspecting any conflict there is absurd?!

Any ideas how i get this to work again?

One thing i found out, too: I cant acess it over my computer or desktop. But over windows explorer it somehow works, there is shows me the subfolders right away.

• Two Things. Try removing the new printer to see what happens. Can you copy the SD card from the camera to your computer and then see inside the folder? Can you still play the clips in camera, on the LCD? Sounds more like a conflict with the computer, though, than camera issue. Strange.

• Thanks for your reply. I disconnected the printer. No sucess. Camera in playback works fine.

I can not access the whole camera+sd card over my desktop. So i can not copy it, too.

Just the little workaround over windows explorer helps. There i can also not access the camera when i click on the drive icon. But over the long folder paths on the left side it works.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions