Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cluster V6 Drewnet
  • HI, Im also using the drew hack as well with my GH2,and I'm getting famous "can't play video notification" so then I either press record then it works or turn the camera completely off then on. Are you having this problem ? Im using a 32 Sandisk extreme pro card as well.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Basically and sadly just buy the dogs dangly 95MB/s Sandisk as tested by the developer - shit but true if you want to replicate the joy! I personally have had no probs with left over 30MB/s Sandisk (real) cards even 45MB/s who seem to be the Chelsea "we hate you" cards (I've gone off topic) I'm using with Mr Driftwoods superb latest tweakings with both without fault - but I'm not "working" Said that the new Muppets Title sequence was shot on Driftwood's great work and BBC blew chunk on the definition (even tho as before people arse on about the GH2 isn't "acceptable") It's on telly watch it - if not you've been watching years of it on Strictly Come Dancing - 422 4poopoo Titles worldwide all our little cam. I could go on and if "no really" is needed" I will just - don't want to "out" our guys delivering - and as far as the delivery of 4:2:0 aint allowed - youre missus is screaming for Brucie etc every week - 3 progs this week I could "GH2 out" but no point - 5d 7d 1d GH2 whatever they fookin hate it in post - onliners hate it - Go Pro GH2 5D 7D 1D - Devils fruit as my never ending Onliner mate puts it - they hate it :/ Content and WB and ISO > 1d over 5D over GH2 over etc - they guy delivering wants to balance it - baked in Canon globally is the shyte I have to buy B52s for on Friday to chill my learned Online chums out for lol - Before we get into what do the onliners know shyte - Emmys - multiple Grammys multiple etc blah - shooting shit = king - Sadly luxury of time will be robbed from you the day you walk on set - get ready to get ready :) Argue - welcome to holidaying lifestyle!

I might seem bitter lol - just brutally true for the UK - apologies not moaning - I love working with the nutter Directors - Murch Frears Leigh alll loony and lovely - pleasure to share the madness with all of the buggers - all me moans same Murch waved the finger at me - he's all mono :)

Hey ho !

• thank you soundgh2 :)

• I know nowt apart from - that;'s what I do day in day out - focus on what you want and do it- learn from the people here (compared to 99% of otherforums these boys do it) and just go do it - sooner the better - same advice as anyone contemplating uni for post or production - noooo - get out make tea - meet the guys you gonna be be a superstar with and do it - takes a year or 2 but alternative is - uni - 3 years later watching you make the new Emmy award winning prog - trust me fuck uni - missus owns the dogs danglies in London - she want to see toffs? no .... she wan to see crazy talented blokes or girls to train .... last 5 tea makers won Baftas Emmys etc - why .. you know .... I can only speak for London but - uni - no SAE no ... sound courses (for me - I'll hire you!) On the sound front we all know the guys teaching you - NO - you leave, we retrain for real life same in pics - make tea get stuck in - when your posh mates graduate you'll be editing Take That (anyone see their Circus video yes? The tea boy edited a chunk of that and is now doing Adele Coldplay Fatboy Slim blah etc)) I'm ranting Uk centric but hey me Liverpool fan mate of football directed Superbowl (Oscars and that amazing Opening Olympics ceremony - he's not bad ;p) came from tea boy and worked his way through - dont go on a course - go on a making tea and blagging course - cheaper and I'll see you next week :)

• After that ramble I must add our American brothers (Esp HBO and their BBC like methods) are producing superb TV and Drama and it is really acted and produced immaculately - I'm rallying against the UK and how it is now - no Ravensbourne training - no old chaps making you build Audiofiles and Avid's - all gone - was lucky to be a musc and last generation (location tracklay mix Fischer boom etc) lad so learned so much - weep for the courses and costs now!

• @soundgh2 - You're a funny guy. I love these kind of posts. You obviously dont take life too seriously. Walter Murch - you mention him often. You know him? Well, I give the book - "the conversations" to every noob I help. (Author Michael Ondaatje) Sound dog or not, its a lesson in man life. Sorry honeys. Jeeze. Thanks!

• "In the Blink of an Eye" is great reading too.