Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
VIVITAR and TAKUMAR lenses on GH2
  • is there a ring adaptor for VIVITAR and takumar? this kind of lenses could have different mount, pantax, olimpus, canon, it dipends on the series, on the year of production i send you a photo and i hope some good sould could help me

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • i send some photo and tecnical specification those lens comes from an old VIVITAR XV-2 one is a vivitar 50mm 1:2.0 Vivitar wide angle lens mc 28 mm1:2.8 the third is Takumar bayonet 135mm 1:2.8

foto(4).JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 1M
    foto(2).JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 1M
    foto(3).JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 1M
  • Vivitar and Takumar are just brands. They made lenses for lots of different cameras in lots of different mounts. The best thing to do will be to look at the front of the lens, where it is likely to say something about which camera it mounts to. MC is Minolta. It is very easy to find Minolta MC/MD adapters on eBay. MC and MD are the same when using an adapter.

• There are some web pages that have detailed photos of the different mounts, just look and see which one matches. http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html/

• Pentax K-mount, by appearances. "Takumar bayonet" indicates K-mount. XV-2 is a K-mount lens also. Did you bother to google your lenses?

• no, the were my grandfather's

• i will buy a minolta Konica adapter, tank you all for the support.

• No, I think you want a Pentax K-mount adapter. If you want more info, show us the fronts of the lenses.
    "MC" probably just means multi-coated in this case.

Google is your friend.

• Vivitars would usually come in Minolta MD mounts, at least the last lens I had did. I used a MD to m4/3 adaptor which allowed me to focus slightly beyond infinity. Takumars are usually m42, but also k mounts. Those i owned were m42 so i used a m42 to m4/3. Buy made in china adaptors, they are gd enuff: Pixco is not bad at all. Solid, reliable. Actually i do have a MD to m4/3 adaptor to sell. Only hassle is air freight

• Get the adapters from rainbowimaging, they ship for very low rates.

I'd assume Pentax bayonet for the Tak as well. Early ones were M42, but later it was Pentax K-mount.