Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 + Twixtor
  • I'm shooting a one minute short on my GH2 and I'm going to use twixtor. Are there any hacks dedicated for twixtor use? I've been combing the web and this site and can't really find a twixtor/gh2 central, so let's make this thread it!

Anyone who has any advice, previous work (slowmo using gh2) or comments, please post them in this thread.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Well, i am trying to make a patch special to work with twixtor.
    And to be honest, just use a i frame based setting, driftwood have extreme good settings for that.
    This clip is done with Driftwood GOP1 AQ2 'AQUAMOTION' Experimental patch.

• @magnus387 did some really awesome stuff with both. He'd be the guy to talk to.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/36861#Comment_36861

• Nice vid, music reminds me of Tron.

Have you heard of any one playing around with other hacks for twixtor use?

• I recommend definitely using a GOP1 based hack. I also recommend using a higher shutter speed - base it on 180 degrees of your desired frame rate - i.e. 1000 fps simulated = 1/500th shutter speed. Thats my formula anyway.

• @Kadmin, its music from tron.
    by the way, in my clip i have slowed it down to 1%.
    in sony vegas the levels pugin added, to make the contrast between light and dark more visible.
    Then removed some colors, (the colors can make twixtor morph the wrong pixels).
    And then added some more brightens and contrast.

This clip is done on the sports10 settings (setting E).
    Sports is based on almost all, but from different driftwood settings. (with cluster 4 tables)
    I use practically only 720 pal, sadly enough it don't work very reliable with only i frames.
    Thats why i did use Gop2 one i and one P-frame in 720p, for 24p, hbr and 50i it is in gop 1.

Gh2 was set on the scene mode sports, so the gh2 did all in camera settings.
    shutter was between 350 and 1/2000.
    I did notice that in vegas, that the XDcam codec does a better job then the mainconcept codec.
    with mainconcept there is more warping to see...
    In vegas i did only use the colorlab plugin... to brin the collors somewhat down.
    Then i render the timeline to a new track with the XDcam codec.
    When done, i ad some more filters, and render to whatever codec, (twixtor wont have any influence now)

David lindberg did some real amazing things with twixtor.
    http://davidhjlindberg.blogspot.nl/2012/01/best-twixtor-tutorial-you-can-get.html

• Bannedindv - do you have any footage online that I could see?

Mozes - thanks for the info and links. Have you used after effects? I have twixtor in AE CS5.

I just saw David Lindberg on a different blog. He's pretty talented for a 19 year old.

• no, i use sony vegas pro 10e