Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Another bait & switch experience
  • I always deal with Amazon, B&H photo or Adorama, all reputable and I've never had a problem.

I started looking at prices on the net before I ordered from Adorama and ran across

http://www.rythercamera.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=33967&gclid=CMjR6OmjxLECFbRa7AodCXAAxg

They listed it in stock Panasonic AG-AC130 AVCCAM HD Handheld Camcorder 5.0 Catalog #: AG-AC130 1/3"-Type 2.2 Mp 3MOS Sensor Integrated 22x (28-616mm Equiv) Lens 3.45" 1920 x 480 LCD Screen AVCHD Professional PH Recording 1080i60/p30/p24 & 720p60 Formats Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Slots DV Recording... Available/In Stock Condition: Brand New Reference # : RC-33967-122 Regular Price: $3,499.00 Our Price: $2,929.0

I checked internet complaints and they weren't too bad but the price was about 300.00 lower than the lowest price elsewhere, so I was skeptical. It also didn't show it as gray market which I was sure it was.

I called, got sales and asked "Is this in stock NOW". The answer..."No, we're sold out and this comes from overseas and is discontinued but I can give you the American version for 4,100.00.

I said "I knew it, bait and switch" I'm not quite sure what he said....but I don't think it was a compliment.

Anyway...I ordered it from Adorama for 3200.00.

I'll learn one of these days

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Yep, it is funny.

But I think this approach works :-) Plus they could really sell gray cameras.

• Like VK, I prefer my cameras be pink.

• I always go with B&H..haven't let me down yet. I did get played by some guy in Florida on a Rode mic before though. I won a low bid on a NTG-3 and waited weeks before asking him why it wasn't shipped..he said they were temporarily out of stock since they were on back order...but if I wanted to wait two months for it...in other words he put out multiple auctions on one item and gave it to the highest bidder and then just did nothing about everyone else who "won" bids until they contacted him and he gave his lame excuse...I found its just not worth the hassle dealing with other people if I'm spending some considerable cash.