Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Variants of canon fd 35mm f2
  • So I'm on the hunt for a 35mm FD f2 lense . I know I want a thorium concave version the one with min aperture of f16 . But there appears to be several versions namely: Crome nose sc Then black nose sc Then sc with floating element focus system? Then ssc.I black fronted one with the newer ssc coating but still thorium concave element. My question is can anyone share their experiences on any and even better has anyone compared them to see the differences? I want to make the correct choice as I'm a picky and skint student so it's an investment for me... Thanks

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Useful link.

"Six different version of FD 35mm F/2 lenses are known. The following table lists the key features of the lenses."

http://www.lummukka.com/canonfd35.html

• Very helpful link but not what I was asking my question is can people tell me the optical differences between all the concave thorium f16 versions... Thanks anyway though:) its nice to see it laid out neatly