Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
AF100 vs GH2 Flow Motion v2 Test
  • Amazing results, just look at the sharpness!

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • I have both of these cameras. I was going to do a test setting up a f100 footage from my samari box and a hacked gh2. I figure the 4:2:2 8 bit prores HD signal should resolve better then the GH2's 4:2:0 hacked 150ish signal? Of course the AF100 has lots video control and the audio options are better. If someone where to hack the AF100 that would be great. Although I'm already getting prores HQ bitrates out of it (180-220)

• . I was going to do a test setting up a f100 footage from my samari box and a hacked gh2. I figure the 4:2:2 8 bit prores HD signal should resolve better then the GH2's 4:2:0 hacked 150ish signal?

Please do it! This is one shootout, maybe the only one, I'd like to see. Does the 422 from the AF100 come from HDMI or SDI?

• The Samari Box is from the SDI, not HDMI. I finally got my new 12-34 lens for the GH2, and I have a similar Olympus lens on the AF100. I was thinking of using a driftwood hack... any specific hack? any thing specific to shoot? trees in the wind maybe?

• AF100 is muddy, and looks so badly baked in! Anything more than minimal grading on that would tear it apart. I'd like to see a comparison of the flattest ungraded footage you can get with a AF100 linked to a 4:2:2 recorder, compared to the flattest ungraded footage you can get on a GH2 with Sedna A or CM Night.

• This thread is redundant, the active discussion is here:

http://www.personal-view.com./talks/discussion/3337/gh2-flow-motion-v2.02-720p-reliability-in-auto-exposure-modes/p12

I've also uploaded much better AF100 footage using a Scene File I tweaked to match the GH2. It comes surprisingly close to GH2 quality using Flow Motion v2.