Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mulberry - Short Film
  • Hello all,

This August I'll be directing a short film titled Mulberry, based on a true story about a young black man's struggle against racism in a Florida phosphate mine of the 1940s. We'll be shooting with 3 hacked GH2s (I'm a Sedna AQ1 man), using primarily Oly 12mm and Panny 7-14mm glass (we'll have a 25mm and tele zoom on hand as well). I plan on posting footage/stills and sharing relevant production experiences in this topic.

We've launched a Kickstarter campaign this week, and have been fortunate enough to have been selected as a Staff Pick. You can learn about the film on our project page, linked below, which includes a synopsis, video pitch, cast and crew head shots, and some storyboards. Feel free to share our link far and wide, but please defer any pledges to @Vitaliy_Kiselev and @driftwood, whose work has saved my production thousands of dollars. They'll both be receiving a 'Special Thanks' in our end credits as well.

http://kck.st/Lzxn8I

On that note, I'm happy to answer questions about Kickstarter or crowdfunding in general. It's a learning process, but our pledge rate is exceeding our initial expectations. Running a Kickstarter campaign is a TON of work and can be emotionally draining. I'm optimistic, but the 'producer hat' still fits a little awkwardly on this introverted writer-directer :)

The biggest lesson I've learned in the first three days: whatever you do, make sure potential backers know their pledged monies WON'T BE CHARGED until AFTER THE DEADLINE, and ONLY IF the funding goal is reached. And if they seem like they understand the process, explain it again! Early momentum is crucial, and many of my contacts delayed pledging due to mistakenly believing the funds would be transferred from their account immediately. They understood the all-or-nothing aspect, but mistakenly assumed their pledges would be charged instantly like any other online transaction.

That's it for now, but I'll update as my campaign progresses.

UPDATE***

After a successful Kickstarte