Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
my expensive 'Droid drives me nuts
  • About a year ago I got the latest greatest 'Droid, the Samsung Epic. After about a month my phone started periodically chirping "Allah Akbar". Sooooo annoying. Google search seems to indicate it's a rare problem. Lucky me. Anyone have advice for killing this annoying Jihadi bug?
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Exchange your phone. Sounds like it's been hacked. Alternatively, have you figured out if the chirping is actually some kind of notification--i.e. an incoming e-mail or text message? Perhaps you can simply change the notification tone then.
  • Or, backup all your data and reset the phone (which can be done via the android menus).
  • I think I'll try to exchange. thanks
  • root it and load some groovy mod firmware (may void warranty, but if you have a modded camera you need a modded phone).
  • Sounds like your friends pranked you by installing a prayer reminder app like this one https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appflute.prayertime&hl=en

So just find and delete the app if you don't have a use for it.