Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Do you always get "FILE NUMBER EXCEED LIMIT" after a successfull span?
  • ... or is it just my settings/card? (GH2, Sandisk 64GB 95MB/s, Sedna B)

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • You have to record a short clip before you shut the camera off to prevent this, I think if you search for "file number exceed limit" you will find a few discussions of this.

• I did find that, just wonder if this is card/settings specific or not.

• I can say for sure that this "FILE NUMBER EXCEED..." thing does not always happen after a successful span, in fact I have seen it only a few times with many "spans" done without this symptom.

But what exactly this phenomenon depends on remains a mystery to me.

• I saw it once - and only when I'd filled the card, not replaced it with another. I wondered about the ambiguous syntax here: I'd have expected "File number exceeds", meaning the filename is too high, or else "File number exceed" meaning there are too many files.

• I got this error the other day while shooting with FM2.0. The weird thing is, I had just formatted the card, switched the camera off then on again, and still got the same error. I tried formatting AGAIN, but the error persisted. I switched to a smaller card. Mystery indeed.