Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
MAX Headroom style graphics required...
  • I need to do some old style computer backdrops for a client... Do you know of/come across in your time any filter which can do max headroom style wireframe lines and cubes quickly and effectively/ does anyone have any? - I need 2 mins of backdrops.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7b/MaxheadroomMpegMan.jpg

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • You could draw a simple texture with those parallel lines and stick it on a cube (or any other shape) in a 3D programm like Cinema4D. Make sure the texture will be used on both sides of all faces. Done.

• After effects should do as well, just create some pngs in photoshop, load them, drop into timeline. Then make layers 3D, position,group, rotate around center. Until when do you need?

• Photoshop (red lines on black background)

Cinema 4D (cube, texture)

(And I still don't know how you can set individual textures/pictures to different faces of the same object in Cinema 4D.)

Ohne Titel.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 365K
    1. I don't own Cinema 4D.
    2. Need this by Friday! So I need a quick and effective moving set of wireframes. If anyone has anything remotely basic Ill be happy! I might try and give AE a go at making them...
  • We did summit like this in the end.

• Its not finished. It was a test, filmed in her office with a green screen material board stuck behind her. We didn't have a lot of time, so far they are pleased ! We're not talking pro grade green screen work here. They wanted to see if it could work... Plus, I won't be able to show final filmed version.

• After effects, and a corner pin on the layers that you use?

• @driftwood As a massive fan of the original series I think what you have done is great. I was at art college in London when Max Headrooom first appeared and I remember Matt Forrest who was involved in the show coming to do a talk at Saint Martins where I studied. After the show I remember walking out of the front of the building past Matt Frewer who played Max. I was beside myself. Didn't speak to him. Was too awestruck. Which in hindsight was a shame.

• @rsquires Shame about St Martins being kicked out of Long Acre and Charing Cross Road... Those were days... I studied as part of St Martins - CDT Leicester Sq - fashion & marketing and shit! Matt Frewer was great.

@7pc just keep moving the camera angles in ae. fairly easy - though I suppose more colour could be added.

• @driftwood I like! Can't remember the original that well, but didn't it always completely fill the screen (ie no "ends" of lines visible)? Sorry if you intend to do that, but that was the only bit that didn't do it for me. Love the head movements!

• @driftwood You could crank up the conture and even add some blur or DoF. Reducing transparency might be useful as well? Sent You PM.

• Missus had a flashback when I showed her this - she was the MD of CTV where they made the original programme - I used to love it - nice work :)