Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
AMD Brazos 2.0

Seems quite good. As they gained USB 3.0 support, Open CL 1.1 compatibility.

Most affordable nettops will have them soon. Paired with good IPS screen it could be really good option.

brazos.jpg
    800 x 452 - 85K
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Most probably will find it's place in next version of Zotac nano:

And such nano computers will be the real future of narrative oriented cameras.

Love this small comps.

• Finally we are close enough to have real portable power for general purpose computing in a small package. I wonder what the future will held for this new segment of low power high performance in x86. ARM is also getting strong asi this.

We will se, but i honeslty think finally AMD has again an advantage over intel in a diferent way. Both company are making new hibrid technology but AMD seems to have the edge over parallel computing and Intel over raw x86 cores. AMD seems to have better integration between both architectures making it look like a complete unit. Once programmers begin too fully make use of the advatages in AMD architecture, we will have i pressume 2 parallel completely diferent aproach of computing both in x86 flavor.

• ARM is also getting strong asi this.

ARM is not strong.
    They are still low performance 32bit CPUs, with horrible memory bus.
    Plus it is also old architecture with same trail of things that must be thrown out, but are stil kept :-)

• ARM was a diferent market. Cash machines, supermarket computers, cellphones, devices with almost fixed functions and no prosessing power. Recently x86 is on pair in P power per watt on ARM x86 is beterr general performer due to constat arquitecture updates on both intel and amd. New "arm" market demans interactivity and visuals making Amd x86 fusion aproach very powerfull.