Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
IR photography and tips
  • In the process to transform a GH2 in a IR Camera, i need as more informations as i can and obviously will share all my journey to IR land...

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I have a lot of experience shooting in IR with modified GH1s and 2s in 3D (see http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/985/gh1-3d-nightvision-rig#Item_3)

I used maxmax.com to do the sensor stack mods - they do a GREAT job. I shoot with IR illuminators for my application (night vision). In general, the GH2 makes an excellent IR platform! Let me know if you have any specific questions.

• Hi David Thanks for your answer , my goal is to do art photography with the IR render like i used to do with my old Nikon F and the famous IR Kodak B&W film, But with a GH2 , and i find out that it is very difficult to get clear answers from people or shop who are converting the camera (i guess it normal, it is business and blablabla..) I found out a nice guy in HKong who can sell me a kit (a clear filter for replacement of internal IR filter and regular IR UV filter to put on the optics to get back on regular photography) , Spencer Camera, and Life Pixel are doing that either in USA, but i live in France and i want to do it by myself (they don't do that as i found out in France for the moment). I want the best non destructive solution, not necessarily the most expensive :-)) Obviously i agree to pay for the clear filter and the UV IR filters, "and the secrets" but i want to know where i go... I checked out the address you gave me in NJ, they also look ok, but quite expensive... Plus the fact, that if i can, i rather not send my camera overseas, but rather have them sending me the kit to france...I think they don't want to tell the customer the hole process, there is something about the white balance, which seems quite important - That is were i am... regards gB