Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Anyone in the UK southwest with Anamorphic Lenses or Voigtlander 25mm 0.95?
  • I have a shoot coming up next Saturday and was hoping to rent an anamorphic lens and maybe a Voigtlander. But not many places deal with these and those that I have found don't have any that weekend!

So does anyone have any ideas of rental places? Or maybe you would be willing to rent your own glass (scary I know!)

Thanks in advance everyone!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I've got two Optex 16:9 anamorphic lenses 52mm and 58mm threads, one has a RedStan clamp and Tokina 0.4 doublet. I'm based SW just outside London. They are a bit irreplaceable though and mint, what do you suggest.

• It's a tricky one - I know how much I prize my glass! I could pick it up from you and leave a deposit and a hire fee, and my address etc. I am pretty conspicuous online as well so you can thoroughly research me : )

I totally understand if you don't like the idea of letting them out of your sight though.

• I'm not looking to make money out of you, I'm interested to see what these lenses can achieve as i dont have much time for filming at the moment. These lenses also have a trick where you turn the rear lens around and you can get sharp focus @ one cm to about 2 meters. (thanks @LPowell ) Combine that with the doublet and it gets even better. Do you mean Saturday tomorrow? I would need a substancial deposit though, as accidents do happen :) I've got to run but i'll check online later.