Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What patch do I have installed? (Yes, I am an idiot)
  • I love the patch I currently have but don't remember what exact patch it was. Is there any way to look at the image I loaded and see what patch it was. In Ptools I have a b c d e f loaded, and it's gotta be one of those right. I know the bitrate is around 145 Mbps, I always shoot at 24h and I have to use the 90MB/s card for it to work. I have downloaded SenaA and B and Mysterion so it's gotta be one of those right but which one?

(Yes I am a fool for not taking note but I've shot so much good stuff with this hack I lost track!)

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • I don't see a topic 42 there?

(Perhaps this might work - Create a new image for each of my loaded setting in ptools then compare the file size to the loaded image? )

• @AfricaGH2 you are not "the only one idiot"...

• @AfricaGH2 As far as I know file sizes of all the patches are the same. At least it was my impression.

• If you still have the *.bin file you know you loaded in the camera (perhaps it's still on your SD card), you can separately generate again the a,b,c... all of them, and compare each of them by content (e.g. Total commander can do that - or other file compare tools) to the bin file you have. But if you tweaked the setting you have loaded, prior to generating the bin... you won't find an exact match. You could look for the one with the least amount of differences.

• I request we create some way to identifying patches; can we write something into the hack, is there some field we can populate with the name. Getting very confusing and sure, we should make a note of the hack but I don't think you can rename the image to anything usable right?

• @AfricaGH2

Do not worry I have this in plans :-) It'll be really useful feature.

• Excellent!

• The Total finder thing appears to work, I have Mysteron!

• Too late now, but here's just one way to avoid mix-ups.. at least you can see what hack you're using while SD card is still in camera and powered-on...

From http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2374/something-to-put-sd-cards-in...#Item_9

I just found this questionable hint from lifehacker: "Use Scotch 3M Post-It tabs (like these) to label SD cards. They go right in the SD slot without pealing off or getting in the way. They come off clean and are fairly cheap. Not much room but enough for a reminder".