Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SmartTripod
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Why am I such a sceptic when it comes to Microsoft? What I mean is - as fantastic as this prototype is - I get the distinct impression that the on-screen results we see here are better than the dolly-shot's wobble-and-jerk. Sorry, I just find myself suspecting Microsoft has got involved in the video quality control.

One thing we can all start doing straight away is at least mount a second GH2 and lens on our rig.

• Well, what a difference a day makes! Look like Microsoft Kinect may soon lose software control of the Smart Tripod to a much smarter one with the Leap Forward interface!

• Brilliant. I want one!

• WOW! This is fantastic. Having two of these than you got a camera crew :-)

• Years ago they had robotic cameras at the BBC news studio. They had huge barcodes around the floor so the cameras would know where they were, apart from once when one camera "thought" it was in the wrong studio and made a dash for the wall. But aside from that glitch, they worked really well. And of course Sony had those robotic video conferencing cameras which could follow people around the room.

Using a Kinect to do this is very clever idea. It's really interesting to see the work that's gone into the software (1st video).