Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Best m43 Zoom Lens?
  • I'm currently shooting on a GH1. I feel like I have a pretty strong arsenal of prime lenses, but I feel like they are a bit restrictive when shooting video is spontaneous situations (parades, street shooting, etc). Here is a list of what I currently have:

- Panasonic 20mm 1.7
    - Pentax 25mm 1/4 (C Mount)
    - Canon FD 50mm 1.4
    - Canon FD 50mm 1.2
    - Canon 100mm 2.8

I would really love to test out the Panasonic 14-140 or the 14-45mm. Is the 14-140 worth the money?

Also, are there any good Canon FD zooms I should look into?
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • >Is the 14-140 worth the money?

Yes.

>Also, are there any good Canon FD zooms I should look into?

80-200mm F4 L.
    Look at FD lenses topic here.
  • I like the Kobori (branded Vivitar) 28-200, but it is mainly manual focus. Very sharp, very cheap.
    Serial should begin with 77. The Panasonic 14-140 is an excellent outdoor lens.
  • >I like the Kobori (branded Vivitar) 28-200, but it is mainly manual focus. Very sharp, very cheap.
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/80/hidden-gems-among-lenses
  • I got 14-45 instead. It's on par with 14-140. Both good lenses.

Panasonic is claiming that 14-140 is the only video optimized m43 lens... whatever that means. 10x zooming is nice.
  • 14-45 is a great lens, and the 14mm is particularly sharp. I sold my 14-140 and bought a GH2 and a 14-45 (plus cash in, of course, I only got $650 for the lens). The 14-140 was a great lens but it seemed a little muddy indoors in a subtle way. Outdoors it totally rocked, but most of my work is indoors. I also have a big set of primes but obviously a zoom is a zoom. I am interested in the Olly zoom, but no IS.
  • 14-45 is not the best zoom, but good enough for me for now. Waiting for a pro m43 zoom :)