Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Final Cut Gamma Shift (What's Up With That?)
  • Hey, so I've been editing today, and I'm admittedly on an older copy of Final Cut (5 I think?) . . . and this gamma shift thing is messing me up. When its paused, it looks one way. When I play back, it looks another way. I'd be fine if one or the other of these was representative of what the exported file would look like, but neither is. And the exported file looks the worst out of the three. Any suggestions? I just want to edit and use my 3-way color corrector in peace, knowing that what I look at as I edit is representative of what my exported file will look like. I'm working with GH2 footage (of course) straight into 5DtoRGB, converted to ProRes 422HQ, pulled into FCP, edited on a 422HQ timeline, and exported as ProRes.

I have found this potential solution, but I'm afraid I don't have a clear grasp of what all is going on (which I HATE. I'm the kinda guy that wants to understand how something solves the problem rather than taking it at face value and running with it.) Any insights into this issue would be very much appreciated.

Solution? I'll give it a try tomorrow. http://bitfilms.blogspot.com/2011/08/final-cut-exports-look-different-from.html