Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Exposure lock?
  • Hello,

I was wondering, if there is any way to stop GH2 from constantly changing exposure when lighting changes?
    It is indicated by a little bar on the bottom which goes from -3 to +3 if i correctly remember

thanks!
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • "Constant Preview" somewhere in the menus, it will always display what the photo will look like. Or you can press Trash then Display buttons for a one time preview.
  • thanks, thats a very useful function i didnt know about, BUT not what i meant. :)

so, what i meant was, while filming, but also in preview mode, the little bars left to the ISO number indicator at the bottom of the screen-
    those move, like if your subject gets darker, they go up, if its lighter they go down, and change exposure a little bit everytime, also in video.

how to disable this? :)
  • It's when you are in Manual Exposure Mode in the video menu, but it shouldn't change anything except this indication about what the camera think your exposure is like (under or over exposed). It doesn't actually change anything on the exposition (at least for me). You also have a AF/AE lock button, but same for me, doesn't lock exposure as it doesn't change by itself in video.
    Are you sure the shift you observe is not the difference between preview and recording mode ? You can't do anything about it
  • Sorry Lenuisible, but yes, the exposure does change on the recorded pictures! Anyone else with a solution about this?

• On M the exposusre is always the same cause iso is same, f-stop is same, shutter is same, WB is same...it cant change :P